Monday, June 16, 2014

Ser and Estar

Ser and Estar both mean "to be".

Common uses of the word ser are:

  • When saying what something is like ( Escuela es aburrida)
  • Where someone is from (Soy de los Estados Unidos y eres  de Júpiter) 
  • Telling time ( Son a las cinco por la tarde)


Whenever I see the word ser, I picture it looking like this:


Common uses of the word estar are:

  • To describe metal states
  • To talk about location
To make this stick I think, " Estar... star.. you know like the movie star kind of stars." From there, I picture movie stars always shooting on location and because of their artistic nature, they have plenty of emotional states.
ser and estar


Click Ser and Estar to learn more


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to give me your questions, comments, and complaints about learning Spanish.