Thursday, September 25, 2014

Spanish/ All You Need To Know

This week we were entertaining some Spanish speaking out-of-towners, and I could not think of a single word to say to get the conversation started. In honor of this humbling experience, today's post is on how to say Nice to meet you (Mucho Gusto) and  Likewise ( Igualmente) if the Spanish speaker beats you to the "Nice to meet you" part. That is all you really need to know, because conversations that go beyond this tend to go down hill.

I picture a big goose ( because that is what I felt like when I forgot these greetings) talking to another big goose. Neither goose speaks very well, so the first goose just points to the other big goose and says,"Much goose" It could be a reference to the bird's size. I don't know. The other bird is equally as poor of a communicator and tries to say something like, "back at ya" or "ditto" but all that comes out is "Equal."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to give me your questions, comments, and complaints about learning Spanish.